Centre for Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
Click here to contact us
The Centre for Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture offers individualised treatments to help prepare your body for labour, encourage the progression of labour without unwanted interventions, reduce labour time and significantly reduce pain.
Chinese medicine and acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to assist women naturally before and during childbirth.
For optimal results, we recommended you start regular acupuncture treatments at 36 weeks.
Acupuncture provides a range of benefits for labour preparation and delivery including:
• Optimal positioning of baby – techniques can assist with breech and posterior babies
• Preparing the pelvis for childbirth
• Relaxing the muscles, tendons and ligaments in order to allow baby to easily descend further into the pelvis
• Alleviating anxiety, fear, and frustration
• Easing any discomforts the mother-to-be may be experiencing
• Maintaining healthy blood pressure
• Boosting energy levels for the onset of labour
• Cervical ripening
• Gentle labour inducement - effective alternative to medical induction, thereby reducing likelihood of medical intervention and caesarean section
• Reduction in medical intervention, especially for women with Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM)
• Effective drug-free pain relief during labour – research shows pain can be reduced by up to 50% when acupuncture or acupressure is provided during labour
Labour Preparation and Childbirth
©CENTRE FOR CHINESE MEDICINE & ACUPUNCTURE PHONE:(02) 6582 7906 MOBILE : 0432 417 677 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org